Pioneer In-Dash Navigation Line Keeps Drivers Connected While Staying Focused On The Road
Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. today introduces its first in-dash navigation systems that allow drivers to stay connected to social networks, local searches and traffic services while keeping their focus on the road. At a time when consumers can take their personal devices with them virtually anywhere, including the automobile, Pioneer is helping to make it easier and safer to integrate these devices into the car environment. The AVIC-Z130BT and AVIC-X930BT 2011 in-dash navigation models keep drivers entertained, informed and up-to-date with smartphone connectivity to Aha Radio for Facebook, Twitter, Yelp, Traffic and podcasts, Pandora® internet radio and App Mode.
“Smartphones are ideal personal devices, although they can sometimes be cumbersome to use in the car. As the leader in aftermarket automotive technologies, Pioneer has made an unwavering commitment to safety by seamlessly incorporating these devices into the dash,” said Ted Cardenas, director of marketing for the car electronics division of Pioneer Electronics (USA) Inc. “Consumers today always want to be ‘connected’ and are using their smartphone devices to do this while on the go. By providing a larger touchscreen unit installed in the dash that features a user interface specifically designed for the automotive environment and complemented by voice control features, we reduce the risk of distraction while driving.”
Pioneer’s 2011 line of in-dash navigation models are the first to conveniently connect drivers to the world around them with on-demand, interactive, personalized radio. Via an iPhone™ with the free Aha Radio® Mobile App connected to the new AVIC systems, users can listen to the latest traffic conditions on their current road or commute road, listen to Facebook and Twitter updates, access hundreds of podcasts and other services such as the “Hungry” and “Coffee” stations which deliver real-time vicinity search results and directions to preferred restaurant categories listed on Yelp. Aha Radio offers over 100 content and podcast stations that can be conveniently accessed and controlled directly on the display of the Pioneer system.
Pioneer’s App Mode feature, which can be accessed only when the vehicle is in park and the hand brake is fully engaged, lets users view a connected iPhone’s video content from Safari, YouTube and other select apps* directly on the larger 6.1-inch or 7-inch high resolution screen.
Pioneer was the first aftermarket manufacturer to offer fully integrated in-dash touchscreen control of Pandora internet radio streamed through a connected iPhone. Pandora access is available in both new-for-2011 navigation systems and has also been extended into the 2011 Audio/Video Receiver and CD Player categories. All Pandora enabled units display the currently playing album, artist and song information, while Navigation and Audio/Video Receivers also add album art display. The Pandora interface features full control of station selection, track info, and thumbs-up and thumbs-down feedback options.
Ability of the Pioneer system to access the SIRIUS and/or XM satellite radio service is subject to change without notice and could be affected by any of the following (but not limited to the following): changes to the SIRIUS XM radio service; or, discontinuation of the SIRIUS XM radio service.
In addition to Advanced Sound Retriever (ASR) that enhances audio playback of compressed audio files and an 8-band graphic equalizer, new features like Auto EQ Measurement and the Sonic Center Control which enable users to precisely calibrate the sound field in the car, have been added to both new navigation units.
In addition to a comprehensive map database from Tele Atlas®, the new double-DIN AVIC-Z130BT features 4GB of flash memory, a 7-inch WVGA touch screen display, a 3D graphics accelerator, DVD playback, Dual Zone capability for rear seat playback, built-in Bluetooth1 for hands-free calling and music streaming, USB connectivity2 for iPod/iPhone connectivity, SD card slot, back-up camera input, built-in HD Radio and is SIRIUS XM3 satellite ready. Additionally, the unit features enhanced voice recognition, including the ability to input destination addresses by voice.
The AVIC-Z130BT offers Clear Channel’s Total Traffic Network5 service for free via a Radio Data Service-Traffic Message Channel (RDS-TMC) tuner. With the included RDS-TMC tuner, ND-TMC10, the traffic service provides an overlay of real-time traffic events and conditions on the navigation map.
The new double-DIN AVIC-X930BT features 4GB of flash memory, a 6.1-inch WVGA touch screen display, a 3D graphics accelerator, DVD playback, built-in Bluetooth1 for hands-free calling and music streaming, USB connectivity2 for iPod/iPhone connectivity, micro SD card slot, back-up camera input and is SIRIUS XM3 satellite and HD Radio4 ready.
New to the X-series navigation systems is the optional RDS-TMC traffic tuner, Dual Zone capabilities for rear seat playback and a detachable hard-button faceplate for security.
The AVIC-X930BT will be available in March, and the AVIC-Z130BT will be available in April for suggested prices of $800 and $1,200, respectively.
*Content must be output in QuickTime
NOTE: Do not use your Pioneer system if doing so will divert your attention in any way from the safe operation of your vehicle. Always observe safe driving rules. In some states certain operations of devices while driving may be illegal. Where such regulations apply, they must be obeyed.
- Bluetooth functionality requires a compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phone. Certain Bluetooth features may not be supported by all compatible Bluetooth-enabled devices, and/or the functionality of such features may be limited in certain devices or by certain wireless carriers. See more details about compatible Bluetooth-enabled mobile phones at the following webpage.
- Not every USB device is compatible with a Pioneer head unit containing an USB port. See more details at the following webpage. Pioneer head units containing a USB port are compatible with USB MSC (Mass Storage Class) devices only, and are not compatible with DRM (Digital Rights Management) contents and MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) connection devices. For size and other limitations, please see Owner’s Manual. Unauthorized copying of music or other files is strictly prohibited. Optional USB extension cable is available for use with front USB ports.
- SIRIUS XM satellite radio is a subscription service not affiliated with Pioneer Electronics - service is available everywhere within the continental U.S. More information is available at http://www.siriusxm.com. The “XM” and “SIRIUS” and related marks are trademarks of SIRIUS XM Radio Inc. Ability of the Pioneer system to access the SIRIUS and/or XM satellite radio service is subject to change without notice and could be affected by any of the following (but not limited to the following): changes to the SIRIUS XM radio service; or, discontinuation of the SIRIUS XM radio service.
- HD Radio and the HD Radio logo are proprietary trademarks of iBiquity Digital Corp.
- Total Traffic Network's Traffic solution is available for AVIC-Z130BT (using included tuner) and AVIC-X930BT with optional ND-TMC10 tuner. Total Traffic Network service subscription is included free with the product. To receive Total Traffic Network Traffic solution on your device, you must be within a Total Traffic Network coverage area. Coverage areas are affected by reception limitations of the FM network as well as other factors, which may affect the availability of the unit to receive FM broadcasts. Pioneer is not responsible for the accuracy of the Total Traffic Network content (SERVICE), and that content (SERVICE) may not be current or available at times. Ability of the Pioneer system to access the Total Traffic Network service is subject to change without notice and could be affected by any of the following (but not limited to the following): changes to the Total Traffic Network service; or, discontinuation of the Total Traffic Network service.
- Jan 8, 2013
Pioneer Launches New In-Dash Navigation Receivers Enhanced With iPhone 5 ConnectivityPioneer Electronics Inc. today launched three new in-dash navigation systems, AVIC-Z150BH, AVIC-X950BH and AVIC-X850BT, that combine advanced route guidance, multimedia entertainment and smartphone connectivity functions. Ability of the Pioneer system to access the Total Traffic Network service is subject to change without notice and could be affected by the following (but not limited to the following): changes to the Total Traffic Network service or discontinuation of the Total Traffic Network service...
- Jan 9, 2012
Pioneer Unveils AVIC-Z140BH And AVIC-X940BT Advanced Navigation SystemsPioneer Electronics today unveiled the new AVIC-Z140BH and AVIC-X940BT navigation systems that offer drivers detailed route guidance to their destinations while simultaneously providing entertainment, information and connectivity with features like the HD Radio Artist Experience™ and map data software now provided by NAVTEQ®. Ability of the Pioneer system to access the Total Traffic Network service is subject to change without notice and could be affected by any of the following (but not limited to the following): changes to the Total Traffic Network service; or, discontinuation of the Total Traffic Network service...
- Jan 6, 2010
Pioneer Announces AVIC-X920BT: In-Dash Navigation AV Receiver with DVD Playback, Built-In Bluetooth and 6.1" Widescreen DisplayPioneer Electronics Inc. today announces an innovative navigation system that leverages the success of the flagship AVIC-Z-series and provides consumers additional ways to enjoy their music entertainment. Pioneer’s new AVIC-X920BT integrates sophisticated navigation capabilities as well as new groundbreaking features, including a revolutionary 3D touch slide interface, Pioneer MusicSphere and ECO Graph...
- Sep 21, 2009
AVIC FEEDS - The First iPhone Application Integrated With Pioneer In-dash Navigation SystemsPioneer Electronics today releases its first iPhone® application created for use with Pioneer’s new AVIC-U310BT and AVIC-Z110BT in-dash navigation systems. Pioneer’s AVIC FEEDS App establishes a link between the Apple® and Pioneer products, letting iPhone owners find points of interest or search for destinations ahead of time on their phone and easily access them via Bluetooth® from their Pioneer navigation systems...
- Jun 13, 2009
AVIC-Z110BT - Pioneer's Flagship Navigation System UnveiledPioneer Electronics Inc. today unveiled the AVIC-Z110BT, its flagship in-dash navigation system that allows consumers to simultaneously access mapping and route guidance information, enjoy various forms of audio and video entertainment, control an Apple iPod®/iPhone® and a Bluetooth® enabled cell phone with natural voice commands and receive updated traffic, weather and local event information via an optional MSN Direct® tuner. Today unveiled the AVIC-Z110BT, its flagship in-dash navigation system that allows consumers to simultaneously access mapping and route guidance information, enjoy various forms of audio and video entertainment, control an Apple iPod®/iPhone® and a Bluetooth® enabled cell phone with natural voice commands and receive updated traffic, weather and local event information via an optional MSN Direct® tuner...