Rand McNally Introduces RVND 7720 GPS For RVers
Rand McNally today introduced the RVND 7720, a new 7-inch RV GPS device with Wi-Fi connectivity allowing for real-time weather information and display, and new hardware with rugged casing, video input, and brighter screen.
The new device – shipping now to stores, online retailers, and RV dealers and distributors – joins Rand McNally 's line of RVND GPS devices for RVers. Rand McNally pioneered RV-specific navigation by launching the first GPS device designed specifically for RVers and campers.
Rand McNally RVND 7720
RV-specific navigation is necessary to route large vehicles and towables around road restrictions, low bridges and other physical hazards. However, like all Rand McNally RV GPS devices, the RVND 7720 can be used as a car GPS as well – merely by changing a simple setting.
One of the key new features of the RVND 7720 is Wi-Fi connectivity, which enables the transmission and display of weather as well as other real-time information.* With updated weather information, RVers will be able to anticipate delays and make plans by viewing current and predicted conditions displayed on the map and along the route. Besides weather, other RV-specific connected services will be coming soon and will be available for this device.
The RVND 7720 has an all-new hardware platform as well featuring a new rugged design with ridged casing for added protection, a brighter screen that adjusts for low and strong light, and video input compatible with a range of back-up and rear-view cameras.
The new RVND 7720 has all of the features and functionality drivers have come to expect from Rand McNally, including: Virtual Dashboard; junction view with lane assist; free downloads of Rand McNally 's proprietary construction information and software updates; Exits Quick View which shows RV parking and amenities at exits; RV Tools, RV amenities and locations such as campgrounds, RV services, and dumps; Woodall's Campground information with searchable amenities; Rand McNally exclusive pr
The base maps and overlaying content, such as campgrounds, parks, RV service and other RV points of interest, also have been updated for the RVND 7720.
The new device ships with Lifetime Maps** so owners will be able to update their devices at no additional cost.
The RVND 7720 GPS includes the following additional new features:
- Fully updated road data, including RV-specific information such as speed limits, legal and physical restrictions, and all Rand McNally proprietary RV data
- Fully updated points of interest necessary for safe and convenient routing, including travel centers and RV parking information at rest stops, exits, and other locations
- Fuel logs, which are accessible from the Virtual Dashboard or via RV Tools; the feature enables drivers to record fuel purchases for a trip
- Additional routing options such as "Avoid State or Province" and "Avoid Smaller Roads"
- Address book icon enhancement, which enables unique icons to be created by group and shown on the map for imported locations; address book items can be sorted by name, distance from current location or date added
- Text-to-speech alert details for user-imported custom points of interest, such as red light cameras, to reduce driver distraction
The new RVND 7720 has all of the features and functionality drivers have come to expect from Rand McNally, including:
- Virtual Dashboard
- Junction view with lane assist
- Free downloads of Rand McNally 's proprietary construction information and software updates
- Exits Quick View which shows RV parking and amenities at exits
- RV Tools, RV amenities and locations such as campgrounds, RV services, and dumps
- Woodall's Campground information with searchable amenities
- Rand McNally exclusive pre-planned trips with photos and video
- Routing for 11 types of RVs as well as for cars.
- Jan 7, 2014
Alpine Debuts 9-Inch X009 AVN System For Trucks and SUVsAlpine has shattered all previous notions of what can be done in the dashboard with the debut of the largest Audio/Video/Navigation (AVN) system in the North American aftermarket. “Truck and SUV owners will find that the new 9-inch X009 AVN system takes the large screen concept to an entirely new level with brand new features and thoughtfully designed control keys that match their vehicle,” said Steve Crawford, vice president and general manager, aftermarket business unit, Alpine “The 8-inch AVN system continues to be a great success, as we have given thousands of consumers a large screen aftermarket experience not available from any other aftermarket brand, and we are re..
- Jun 6, 2013
Rand McNally Foris 850 Now Available For $400Rand McNally today began shipping its first handheld/bike mounted outdoor GPS device for hiking, biking, geocaching and more. Map databases on device, including Rails-to-Trails Conservancy, U.S National Park Service trails, National Forestry hiking trails and multi-purpose trails, U.S...
- Mar 21, 2013
Rand McNally Unveils IntelliRoute TND 520 GPS Device For TrucksToday at the 2013 Mid-America Trucking Show, Rand McNally unveiled its new IntelliRoute TND 520 connected GPS device for professional drivers. Products and services include: Road travel review site bestoftheroad.com; Interactive travel referral service, tripology.com; America's #1 Road Atlas; RVND GPS for RVers; IntelliRoute truck routing software and navigation devices; TPC 7600 and TND 760 mobile fleet management solutions for the transportation industry; and leading geography-based educational resources for the classroom...
- Jan 23, 2013
Rand McNally Unveils Foris 850 Handheld GPSExpanding its presence in GPS navigation with units designed specifically for the outdoor marketplace, Rand McNally today unveiled its new Foris handheld device at the Outdoor Retailer show. The Foris 850 device is unique in that it integrates routing and turn-by-turn voice guidance on trails as well as roads; it will even create navigable routes from "breadcrumb" trails that the user creates via the TrackNav feature...
- Oct 9, 2012
Rand McNally Announces Updated Hardware And Cost Drop On TND 760Rand McNally today announced a hardware revision and $100 price drop on its TND 760 mobile fleet management solution. "This price move accomplishes that goal for the TND 760, just like the recently announced HD 100 device will provide a cost-effective EOBR solution for those who already have a Rand McNally IntelliRoute TND 720 truck GPS unit or other mobile device in the cab."..